This week is National Gardening Week. The water sector encourages everyone to enjoy their gardens efficiently.
These are some of Water UK’s top tips for water efficiency in the garden:
- Use a watering can or a hose with a trigger-release to water plants for more direct and efficient watering
- Get a butt! A water butt can capture rainfall, allowing you to use it later for your garden
- Choose plants that are appropriate for your local climate – a lot of native British plants are drought resistant
- Water your garden when temperatures are low to reduce evaporation levels and improve efficiency
- Don’t over-water your lawn. New lawns only need water for four weeks, and established lawns shouldn’t need watering at all
- Re-use is a great way to save both water and money. For example, if you wash up in a bowl, you can re-use the water for your plants
To find out more about National Gardening Week, take a look at the official website.
Water UK Communications
0207 344 1805