Customers in England and Wales will soon have a new independent and free-to-use service to resolve complaints with their water company.
Invitations to tender have been issued to a number of organisations experienced in dispute resolution schemes. Replies to tender are due at the end of August.
The preferred bidder is expected to be appointed by RWD, which is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Water UK, at the end of September and the scheme to be up and running before the end of the current financial year. The procurement process is being overseen by a Panel of experts to ensure its independence and effectiveness.
Note to Editors:
The independent Panel members have been appointed in an individual capacity and not as representatives of the organisations they work for. Their appointment to, and membership of, the Panel does not in any way imply endorsement by Citizens Advice and/or the Institute of Customer Service of the Scheme and/or the Panel.
The members of the ADR panel (correct as of 11 August 2014) are:
- Sandra Webber (chair) – former Director of Consumer Support at UK Civil Aviation Authority
- Jo Causon – CEO, Institute of Customer Service
- Adam Scorer – Director, Citizens Advice
- Richard Khaldi – Senior Director-Customers and Casework, Ofwat
- Sir Tony Redmond – Consumer Council for Water
- Phil Marshall – Director of Customer Services, Bristol Water
- Gary Dixon – Domestic Retail Director, United Utilities