Water UK, the trade association for water companies, is looking for three exceptional individuals to strengthen its policy and communications teams.
About Water UK
Water UK represents the water companies of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland to Government, national and international organisations, and the media. We develop policies that touch on the lives of every person in the country, and run campaigns that reach millions.
This is an exciting time to be joining Water UK. In the past year alone, we became the first sector to publish a plan for achieving net zero carbon emissions by 2030; launched a new national campaign, seen by 19 million people, on saving water; and worked with major supermarkets and manufacturers to stop plastics entering rivers. We also lead industry’s operational response to Covid, Brexit, drought and other risks.
Examples of some of the questions we are considering right now include:
- Looking to 2050, what are the most urgent environmental gaps and priorities, and what do we do about them?
- How can we support a shift in people’s relationship with water to conserve this scarce resource and reduce wastage?
- How do we transform the health of our rivers in the face of new pressures like increasing drought, biodiversity loss, and microplastics?
In addition to the specific requirements against each role, all candidates will be expected to be:
- A great team player, with a natural ability to collaborate across an organisation and the desire to see everyone succeed.
- Confident multitasking and prioritising workloads, with a can-do attitude, ability to get things done, and ability to manage projects
- Articulate in front of senior internal and external audiences
- Outward-looking and curious, with experience of working with and influencing other organisations or building coalitions and networks
In return, we offer fascinating roles that will nurture and develop your impact and leadership. You will develop knowledge, skills and contacts in broad and fast-moving roles, with senior-level exposure to regulators, FTSE-100 companies, Government and EU bodies.
We strongly welcome applications from everyone, of all backgrounds, and are committed to treating every application fairly. Please note that all candidates must already be eligible to work in the UK.
To Make an Application
The closing date for applications is 9am Wednesday March 10.
See individual profiles for more details of the individual roles and how to apply.
Please note that we cannot offer individual feedback to candidates that do not proceed to interview.